Some days just getting started in the morning is the most difficult challenge we’ll face all day long. It’s hard to overcome a bad day, especially when it starts out rough from the very beginning!
You know, the days when:
- the kids wake up way too early
- you feel overwhelmed by your to-do list
- you didn’t get enough sleep
- you’re so grumpy you feel out of control
- it’s dreary outside
- all you want to do is get back in your comfy bed and hide
Overcoming a bad day seems nearly impossible once it has already started!
What do you do when you wake up with zero motivation?
How do you get past a grumpy mood so early on in the day?
10 Ways to Jumpstart Your Morning (and overcome a bad day):
1. Go to bed earlier the night before! I know, I know – that’s the most obvious advice ever. But it’s true. When the twins were infants, I forced myself to go to bed not long after they did. I knew that if I didn’t go to bed right away, the next day would be miserable and difficult. However, now that they are a little older, I’ve gotten out of the habit of early bedtime. One of my work-in-progress goals is to go to bed earlier so that I can get out of bed earlier the next morning, (overcome the bad day before it even starts)!
2. Shower (or at least splash some cold water on your face). I know there are many mornings that showering first thing just isn’t an option, especially if you have little ones in the house. I have found that on the days when I have to wait for my shower (or even go without), washing my face goes a long way toward helping my sleepy eyes stay open. The more awake I feel, the easier it is to overcome a bad day.
3. Spend time…
To read the rest, follow me over to Sharing Redemption’s Stories here!